Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Volunteer Too Much?

I'm always the one helping cut cakes or planning parties at work. Why is it when you help with something once, it's your task forever? I guess I don't mind, but sometimes, I want to just sit back and eat damnit!
I am in every.single.office.party.picture. like this:

 I am actually a terrible cake cutter, I am horrified because I am about to flip this cake onto my boss.

I know horrifying. How can I get out of it?! How can I say "no"? Does anyone else have these issues?

5 comments:

  1. I tend to try to duck outta sight to avoid it. Adios, I'm outta here type thing. Gotta go take care of my IBS or something. Hahaha. If not, I get stuck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just use the "sorry, I can't because" and then make up an excuse. I usually use the "I have a conference call" but 9 times out of 10, I do :(

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. stand at the back of the crowd & wait for some other poor soul to jump in and cut the cake :) you can also look busy by taking pictures of the cake, as soon as someone else jumps in you can sit down and eat! can you tell i've done this before?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh god this is the story of my life. i was super overzealous when i started at my job and wanted my hands in everything and now not a single thing goes on that i dont somehow have to be involved in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emergency bathroom run just as the meeting gets underway. By the time you get back (after a calculated amount of time), someone will have been too impatient to wait for your skillz and get the job started. Ha! Sometimes, though, the people just want you. ;)
    xo
    Sarah :: Your Plucky Picaroon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...