Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Monday, December 2, 2013

Autumn Book Challenge Update

Happy Cyber Monday All. I am trying to stay out of the online shops today as to avoid being a greedy little piggy and buying a bunch of "gifts" for myself!

So, the holidays are upon us which means some added stress! To unwind, there's nothing I like to do more than snuggle under the warmth of a blanket and read a good book (I'm also having a hankering for some hot chocolate with a candy cane in it now). What's on the nightstand to read now is on my list form  Megan's Autumn Reading Challenge.

10: Read a book that has been featured in Oprah's Book Club.
The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
I am so pissed- this book was awful. I got to 350 or so pages before I had to stop. Now, it's messed up my points! Grrrr.

30: Read two books by the same author.
The Tao of Martha and Jeneration X by Jen Lancaster
Done. I love me some Jen Lancaster, but I preferred Jeneration X faaar more than Tao of Martha. I don't really get into her "project for a year" format. Thus, I didn't care for My Fair Lazy and Such a Pretty Fat, or The Happiness Project for that matter.



Oct- 30 points
Nov- only 30 more points for a total of 60. Darn you Johnathan Franzen and your pretentious writing!
I might be a big loser regarding the points, but this challenge helped me put together a nice list of books to read!

4 comments:

  1. i've started and dumped books lots of times!! i even did that with harry potter - i just can't get through azkaban!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to avoid cyber monday but I cant!! too much good stuff...I am only allowing myself to buy gifts though nothing for me and lemme tell ya it's killing me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Freedom by Jonathan Franzen and I hated it. Ugh. And I read it because Oprah recommended it! That liar haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Bitter is the New Black and enjoyed it but I haven't read anything else by her! And don't feel bad you're ahead of me on the reading challenge!

    Carly
    http://sundaysgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...