Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Five: Commercials

In trying not to bore everyone about the details of my pregnancy, I'm going to try to limit "baby posts" to 1/ week :) I look the same and there's nothing exciting to report, so there's your update if you're interested.
Onto more import things- television (j/k of course).
I usually prefer my favorite shows On Demand or DVR'ed, but sometimes, I just need to watch them live, which means commercials. As a kid, I loved the jingles of commercial and it was how I planned out my birthday and Christmas lists.  Now, I can't stand those jingles. Here are my Top 5 commercials I want off my TV. (I'm going to start a new website GOMT).

1. The "cheesesteak, cheesesteak" Geico commercial. What do cheesesteaks have to do with insurance? I have no idea. Plus I get that song in my head and I don't even like cheesesteaks (not that I've ever had one or ever want to try one). That is bad advertising. At least if you're going to have a jingle stuck in your head it should make you think of the product!*



2. The pig singing "boots and pants." I don't even know what this commercial is for. Once again, why would you have a commercial that no one knows what it's for? Update: I Googled this and it is a Geico commercial too! I guess I really don't like their ad company.


3.Gisele for Pantene commercial. I don't know why, but I have never liked Gisele. Am I the only one? IDK, I would rather see a more likeable persona hawk me the shampoo I use. It's not that expensive and I get it at CVS! I want a more "everyday" woman with great hair selling me my Pantene gosh darn it! Plus her and Tom don't need any more money and certainly not any of mine.


4. The Free Credit report guys. Their first commercial was cute, now it's played out and just annoying. Plus the stupid website sure isn't free. (I mistakenly thought it was, but they "need a credit card" to verify your identify or some bs like that and then they charge you the next month for your "membership")


5. We Buy Any Car. Com. I am not sure if this is local, but the song is horribly annoying. Some guy in a suit and tennis shoes and dancing with his backup dancers singing. I want to stab out my eyes and ears. Better yet, change the channel.


Too bad i want to keep this list at five, because I could continue (Flo from that other insurance commercial anyone?). Just so you don't think I'm too big a hater, here's one I love.

* I love the Lil' Caesar's "bite, bite, sip, sip, mambo combo" commercial. I get that song stuck in my head too, but at least I know it's for a pizza combo- duh!


 Now have a great weekend and get yourself a deep dish $5 Lil' Caesar's lunch combo!

3 comments:

  1. I wish Geico would stick with the Gecko, I don't understand the pig or the cheesesteak. Commercials drive me bonkers ha ha! I get the stupid Empire commercial stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never liked Gisele either. She is as far away from the every woman as you can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hardly ever see commercials anymore because I never watch live TV. I just skip through them when I watch my shows. I had to suffer through some the other day when I was watching On Demand... SHOOT ME!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...