Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Die Katzen/ Mačka



I blogged earlier about taking our cats to Richmond for some dental work. 

It was $400 for 2 cats and that was at the low cost vet (not to mention their shots at the regular vet before that). So in one week, we spent $700 on our cats. And what do I get for it? Bit (or gummed) and scratched when I give them their antibiotics. 

As I was lamenting to my mom, I wondered what our Austrian and Croatian family would think that I spent that much on cats. And cats dental care at that.

She laughed and said in Europe, they leave their dogs outside all day. They don’t care if it's is cold and doesn’t get to sleep in the bed with them. 

Then, on the other hand, my brother lived in Japan for a few years and told me about a lady that pushed her dachshund around in a baby pram. 

I am very interested about animals in other countries. (Have you ever asked someone "what does a rooster or frog say in xxx country?" Do it, it's hilarious.) Unfortunately, I’m not well- traveled, but I watch Anthony Bourdain. For example, here are some tidbits I've picked up:
In Peru, they eat guinea pigs (Cuys), but I kept one in my bedroom as a pre-teen.
In the Caribbean, all animals roam outside (goats, chickens, and dogs) and there isn’t any roadkill…

Oh yea, in others news Happy Fat Tuesday. I’m going to eat some King Cake, and here’s how our cats are earning their beads.

1 comment:

  1. where did you get king cake at??? cooper bites me all the time for no reason right after loving on me. its so annoying and i dont know how to stop it. total split personality!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...