Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Monday, February 11, 2013

What I’m Up Against



Over the holidays, my dad got a big box of chocolates. I tried it; he tried it, we both thought it was meh. My dad said he probably wasn’t going to eat it, but felt bad throwing it away and I sure as hell wasn’t taking 200 chocolates back with me to eat in the car all the way home. 
I asked, "don’t you have a place where people set their leftovers?" He said yea, but he didn’t think they were that good that anyone would want them. 
HA- everyone eats office junk. If you put it out, and it’s free, and half-way decent. It’s gone.
Guess what, my dad said the “inedible” chocolate sampler was gone by 8:30am. I knew it. How? Because I am one of those people that eats anything in the break room. ANYTHING. 

My food weakness is sweets. I once told my hubs, my body is pretty in proportion, I bet I could be really hot if I could just be good about what I ate. His response- yea, we all could. 

Seriously, how am I going to be bikini ready in 2 weeks when there’s this Monday morning in the break room:
 The sad thing, is it doesn't even look that good and this was at 10am. (They were whole cakes at 8:30am)

And this in the candy basket (close to where I sit):

Yes, I’ve tried imagining maggots crawling all over that delicious, sugary delight known as King Cake. Didn’t work.
I tried to imagine everyone’s grimy, flu-ridden, un-washed hands reaching in grabbing fudge. I still ate some.

At home, we have no sweets. Only some 90 cal. Fiber 1 brownies and Healthy Choice chocolate popsicles. I’m OK with the pre-packed sweets, but baked goods left out, un-portioned. It’s a free-for-all. 
How do you get rid of a sweet tooth, or even easier, how do you resist the office junk food?

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Ok, so YOU are a no-reply blogger! haha. Basically, it means that I have my blogger account linked to my email. Anytime someone comments, I get an email with the comment and the person who sent the email has it coming from their email. So, when you comment, it should show you sent me an email in my inbox. Instead, it says kimbrown-no comment@ blogger.com instead of your address. That way i can easily write you back and email rather than commenting back on your blog. Its easy to get convos going. When people comment to you, you can easily write them back as well. Go to settings/mobile and email/comment notification email and put the email address you want linked in there. it can be different than the one you log into blogger with. i set up sunkissedandsouthern@gmail.com for that very purpose. let me know if you have questions!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...