Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Monday, June 24, 2013

A Quick Recap of the Bad

Sooo, moving SUCKS. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, and we had awesome movers from Two Marines Moving, but it still SUCKED!
My 'rents were in town for a week and a half to help. They were a HUGE help, but I felt awful they just ended up working most the time.
Here's a quick picture recap of all that's been going on as it's been very exciting- NOT. Tomorrow I will follow up with the fun stuff we actually did.

  1. Our car's check engine light came on the day we moved. We took it in the next day and thought we'd get the MD state inspection. I got a rental car and chose a huge truck because I thought I could buy some furniture and haul it. Didn't happen, but I still got to be a bad a** with  big truck for 2 days. 
  2. We painted 4 rooms with 2 coats each in the new heezy in 2 days.  I am still picking paint out of my hair. Yes, I chose "key lime pie" for my bathroom.
  3. I went to the DMV on one of my days off and it was 3.5 hours and I go there when they opened. Apparently, your proof of residency docs have to have your full name on them, while the change of address letter I brought from the USPS only said "Brown" on it. Grrrrr.
  4. I did get a plant and a welcome mat for our porch though. The bad is my legs are so big and white & I want to be skinny and tan. Le sigh. 

4 comments:

  1. Yay to painting so much so fast! I painted my kitchen "Wasabi" last week. I'll be posting pics this week, if I can.

    Glad everything is coming together.

    Heck to waiting 3.5 hours for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dmv is pretty much hell on earth! I am glad the move went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. moving blows. i hate it. which is why when my hubs started talking about the possibility of moving again, i shut that shit down pronto. although i really shouldn't complain because he's the type to want to pack and unpack everything (he's weird that way) so all i have to do is sit back and wait for my closet to be unpacked for me. but still, the cleaning, the organizing, the settling in... hate it.

    but congrats on the new house!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea, and I'm weird that I need to unpack everything in like 2 days. It is nice to have everything all cleaned and get rid of a bunch of junk!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...