Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Monday, June 3, 2013

Latest Obsession: Game of Thrones



Wow- did any of you out there see Game of Thrones last night? I haven’t read the books, so last night was a big surprise to me- horrifying, but I absolutely cannot wait for the season finale next week! I need to get on the interwebz tonight to do some research. Any thoughts on if the pretty bride was really his daughter, & then why did he only show them the homely girls? To scare them? I also kinda missed who the Lord was sitting next to Catelyn Stark.
Anyhoo, back when I was digging on Downton Abby, I was obsessed with reading, eating, and dressing everything Downton Abby. So, here is what I recommend if you’re digging on GoT right now.

  • Read: Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. One of my favorite books. of. all. time.
  • Go to your local Ren Fest. Super nerd fun, but right out of that time with (fake) jousts, games like throwing an ax into a wood target, and everyone yells huzzah!

We went to this one in MD & it’s the biggest in the nation (I think or I could be making that up). You should come out & go with me! It's the best people watching you'll ever get. 
A lot of bra-less ladies that should have support are there.

Just take pics of your wives with strangers in creepy costumes- it's all good.

I have no words. (It was easy in the 90s when we went)

  • Buy some mead  (yummy honey wine) & drink in a pimp goblet while you watch Game of Thrones OR if you’re brave, you can make it yourself. 
  • I also kinda want to do some cool braids in my hair, but my hair is too fine and I'm too uncoordinated and would look more like Osha (right) than a dragon queen (left). 
 
Do you watch Game of Thrones or would you ever go to a Ren Fest?



3 comments:

  1. when we were watching GoT last night, both me and my hubs were like, WHATTTTTT?? what a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen GoT. I am not a TV kinda girl. But I have been to those Ren Fairs... holy moly! A lot of bouncing boobies there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone seems to love this show! Maybe I am missing out on something! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...