Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What Can You Do Without?

We have been packing for the last four weeks and are now pretty much done. This week, I have 2 black skirts, 1 grey skirt, and a handful of shirts & getting dressed for work has been super quick and easy.


Looking into my clean closet, I was reminded of Amish, Buddhists, Nuns (and hippies) who forgo material possessions for a simpler more spiritual lift. And I sometimes think I would like that. I get so over Tory Burch flats, Louis Vuitton purses, and other ridiculously overpriced status items. (At least until we move and I go crazy at HomeGoods.)

Anyhoo, further evidence is in The Happiness Project. Anyway, the first chapter talks about organizing and how people are happier when they have less choices (like an overfull closet compared to a closet with a few items that fit aren't unmanageable).

What could you do without in your closet or life?



6 comments:

  1. Since I was little, I always used to like to have everything I needed in a small space. I did not like having things stored in my parent's garage- I wanted it in my room. When it came time for me to buy a home, I bought a small condo. Even the 827 sq ft I have is too big! I'd love 700 or less, of course, still in the nice area I am in. I love being organized and I looove less is more. I sometimes get sick of shopping... until I see that new purse I gotta have. :)

    Really, I've only been shopping lately because I gained a little weight over the last two months and I need summer clothes until I lose it. I ran 4 miles in a rainstorm today, so I think karmic goodness should give me 5 pounds for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Beautiful Mess touch, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree....living in Manhattan and now NJ, I realize I can live without a ton of things and space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have gotten pretty good about getting rid of things I dont need and not being too "material" but I seem to go crazy with clothes...the second i get into any clothing store i find something i need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i purge on the regular; anything i haven't worn in a year and a half gets donated. which is sad considering it makes me realize how much money i've spent!!

    but i agree; the less choices you have the more simple life is and i'm all about simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I need to work on simplifying my life (and bulging at the seams closet).

      Delete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...