Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Monday, November 4, 2013

A Tribute to my Pops

Today is my pop's birthday, so in honor, I though I would shamelessly snag The Daily Tay's idea and share with you 10 lessons I learned from my old man.

10. Why drive a car when you can drive a truck. In the past 32 years, I've only known my dad to drive a truck. It helps with moving into apartments and college dorms!


9. Dress nice for work, but comfort (aka, a flannel shirt) is key for home.
Striking a pose in his flannel & jeans uniform.

8. When to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. Who else is going to teach you how to play poker but your dad?!

7. If you make a commitment, you need to stick to it. One summer in college when I was living at home, my parents made an appointment for me to have my car's oil changed and tires rotated. Well it was a Sat. morning appointment, and I decided to go out with my friends the night before. When it was time to leave for the dealership, my dad woke me up, and I tried to get him to cancel because I was "sick". Best quote from my dad ever, "time to pay the piper. Now you better get up."
He did take me to Panera for a bagel so he wasn't a total tyrant. 

6. Work hard, but leave it at the office. My dad never complained about work or worked long hours, so he always was there to watch me stink it up for my softball games.

5.  Music was best in the 50s.

4.  It's OK to splurge every once in awhile.

3. You should arrive at least 30 min. before a movie starts.

2. Reading is good for the mind and soul. My pops reads all.the.time. After bouts with insomnia, my dad suggested reading in the evenings before I went to bed. Works like a charm!

1. Always be ready to dance. My dad has his own fabulous dance style. I really need to get a clip from my wedding video and put it on You Tube. I am certain he will go viral.


Happy Birthday Dad!

2 comments:

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...