Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Commuting Madness

We have one car, so Ethan drives me to the Metro station because I refuse to take the bus and he refuses to let me take the car to the parking garage for the day (on his telecommute days). Compromise, Ethan chauffeurs me to and from the metro station (about 10- 30  min.) or we drive together and take the Metro together. We get to take the carpool lane (which my inner hippie likes); however, we are slowly digressing into madness...

Some days it's just silence and I look at my phone.
Some days we listen to NPR and then bitch about politics.

My favorite days involve singing, and you know I have the voice of an angel.


As of late, we've taken to making up alternative (dirty) lyrics to songs. We're onto holiday songs now. It's immature and borderline blasphemous now (Silent Night, forever unclean).

The other day we tried to remember the (dirty) lyrics to his old frat song. I only remembered "I placed my hand upon her thigh and she said Pi Kapp, you're much too high." I don't even know if that's remotely correct. I did place my hand upon Ethan's thigh while he was driving for full effect.

I also sing "Big Booty Hos, Hump Wit I!t" almost every time we go over the traffic calming device by the Metro (in all fairness there is a big road sign that says humps ahead).


I tried to probe him for his favorite band (for the Nov. Boys Behind the Blog link up). I suggested Poison (because I know he hates them) which led to Bell Biv Devoe. My new tag line is "never trust a big butt and a smile" then I twerk it out of the car.



The worst was when a deer ran into us. I freaked and started screaming that E hit a person. (I really thought he did.)




4 comments:

  1. Haha this is great. I am LOVING that tag line and I think it just might have to be my own from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE BBD. saw them live in concert and it was awesome.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious! I am always trying to get my other half to sing with me in the car.. but he is weird and doesn't like to sing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love some 2 Live Crew in the morning? I know I do lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...