Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Forrest Gump of Turkey

My family from Tennessee was planning on coming to DC to have Thanksgiving with us. Well, my old man got sick and then the weather folks predicted Snowmegedden 2  for travel today, so Thanksgiving was cancelled. However, not before I went out and bought all my supplies, including a 22 lb turkey.
I thought about returning the turkey, but someone at work (while making fun of me for having to eat a 22 lb bird with my husband) said the grocery store would just throw it away. Well, since I’m PETA light, I can’t do that. I mean that poor turkey gave his all.
Here’s what on the Brown buffet. (If you’re in the DC area, c’mon over. We have enough food for a small army.) 
Turkey (all 22 lbs brined, barely)
Gravy (courtesy of McCormick’s since I'm guaranteed to screw up the homemade gravy)
Stuffing (Pepperidge Farm starter bag- hello GMOs and trans fats)
GBC (French’s fried onion recipe)
Sweet potato casserole (Ethan won’t eat this, but I want)
Mashed potatoes
Biscuits (dear God help me, from the Pillsbury tube. I swear I'm Southern, don’t judge)
Pumpkin Pie (I do make my crust from scratch)
Pecan Pie (because 1 pie for 2 ppl isn’t enough)

Then we are going to lie on the couch and watch movies in our sweatpants.

And for the next week, here’s what we’re doing with turkey leftovers:
Hot Brown sandwiches (‘cause it’s our namesake)
Turkey Tetrazzini (I'm going to try to make this more low fat and add mushrooms)
 
Turkey Salad (like chicken salad only with turkey)
Turkey Chili
Turkey Tacos
basically anything that I can use a rotisserie chicken for, I'm going to use turkey for.

What do you do with your leftovers? Oh, and I’m signing up for this, so y’all don’t judge me too harshly.

What do you love for Thankgiving? Do you have fun Turkey Day plans with family?
Happy Turkey Day!

3 comments:

  1. awww sucks that your thanksgiving got cancelled!! at least you have weeks of turkey sandwiches ahead of you :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. turkey leftovers are the best leftovers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I wish I was there, I'd come and I'd be that fat cat for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...