Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Paying it Forward

I needed to pick up a prescription at CVS this weekend. In front of me in line was an older man with a walker talking to the technician about his meds. He was telling her to put some back and she said he was going to get sick if he didn't take them, and he responded he couldn't afford the $275 price tag. He said he was going to try to borrow some money from someone, get a cart, and would be back.

This absolutely broke my heart- I saw my dad and my grandfather in that man and had a kinda cray idea.

I my purse I had a recently received $200 Visa gift card from Comcast. I asked E what he thought about me giving that gift card to the technician for the man in line's meds. He said yes and so we did it (anonymously).

We hid in the greeting card section to make sure the card went through. I really have no idea what got into my head because we're not high rollers by any means. I guess it was just the holiday spirit.

Since I did a good deed for a stranger, for the rest of the season, I want to focus on being kinder (or practice random acts of kindness) on the one person who I seem to take for granted- E. I helped him rake leaves and made a nice meatloaf dinner (that's a start, right?)

I goof around a liitte with my favorite leaves. This is my Ke$ha makeup.

My challenge to you this holiday season is do something unexpected for a stranger. Wouldn't the world be a better place if we all "paid it forward?"





3 comments:

  1. YOU ARE THE BEST. that was such an incredible thing you did and i'm sure he appreciated it so much!! i swear, meds are crazy expensive and for someone in need of them who can't afford them.. so heartbreaking.

    december is my pay it forward month. i started that a few years ago and it always feels good to make someone smile.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. as if I didn't like you enough already, what an amzaing thing you did for him!!! you deserve a lifetime movie about you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is seriously such an amazing thing to do!! I definitely plan to pay it forward as much as I can ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...