Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall Book Challenge- Oct. update

How was everyone's Halloween?  Mine was a DISASTER!
I wasn't getting any trick-or-treaters, so when I finally got 3 older trick or treaters and they asked how much they could take, I said whatever, take as much as you like. Oh they did.  I was a hero for like 30 seconds.
Of course minutes later, the parade of kids came though and I ran out! I had to turn away a little princess (seriously, she was like 5, I turned away a 5 year old princess).
I then turned out the lights and hid.
Ethan comes out of the office and sees the lights out and wrappers all over the coffee table.  Ethan: "didn't you learn anything from The Wire. You NEVER get high on your own supply."
(hanging head in shame)

 I tried- I mean I wore cat ears and orange and got the good candy like Reese's and Kit Kats!


Anyhoooo, since today is November (I can't believe it), it's also time to check in with Megan's Autumn Reading Challenge.
 

5: Read a book that does not have "the," "a" or "an" in the title.
Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls
This was excellent! Jeannette's novel about her tough as nails grandma's life staring in the 20s. She the kinda gal I look up to.

10: Read a book that has been featured in Oprah's Book Club.
The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen

10: Read a book that takes place in the state where you currently live. If you do not live in the U.S., read a book that takes place in the country where you live.
Every Secret Thing by Laura Lippman
Ehhhh, this one slowed me down & I usually like Laura Lippman.

15: Read an epistolary novel, which is a book written in letters, emails, diary entries or other documents.
Last Days of Summer by Steve Kluger
Quick read- I didn't hate and I didn't love.

15: Read a book first published in 2013.
The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult

15: Read a book with something spooky in the title.
Notes from Ghost Town by Kate Ellison

20: Read a book with "air," "water," "earth" or "fire" in the title.
Red Water by Judith Freeman

20: Read a book on which a television series has been based.
Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison by Piper Kerman

25: Read a fiction book that has someone’s first and last name in the title.
Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood

30: Read two books by the same author.
The Tao of Martha and Jeneration X by Jen Lancaster

35: Read a fiction and nonfiction book about the same topic.
We Were Soldiers Once... and Young by Harold G. Moore, Joseph L. Galloway and 
The Things They Carried  by Tim O'Brien



Dang, only 30 points! I guess I should have started from the bottom up. So I also read the Dinner and How to be Lost in Oct, but they didn't fit in my categories. Oops!
Off to the library!




2 comments:

  1. haha truth! do NOT get high on your own supply!!!!! but i used to do that too...it'd be like: 2 for you, 5 for me!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your book stack picture! And 30 points is great progress so far! Also, we had a similar Halloween - we live in an apartment so we didn't get many trick-or-treaters, and when I heard kids come to the door I ran into the kitchen to hide so they couldn't hear me inside lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...