Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Kim's List of Halloween Movies

Yesterday I let Ethan take over for as a pre- Halloween treat for you dear readers. You also might have noticed, but from here on out, I  am going to refer to my husband by his name (which I rarely use, I'm nicknames only). I've decided that referring to E as "the hubs" is played out and annoying.

Anyhoo, E gave you his top 5 scary movie list, so today is my turn. Hands down, Hocus Pocus is the best Halloween movie, but, the discussion E and I had was regarding the best scary movies, sooooo Hocus Pocus is out.

Here are my top 5 scary movies (for Halloween) in no order:


1. The Shining (1980)
The acting is spot on, the music, and those girls at the end of the hallway- eeks.



2. Paranormal Activity (2007)
Ethan thinks this was stupid and not scary; however, it creeped me out (probably the way it was filmed, it was just so realistic).  After watching it, I needed to use the bathroom in the middle of the night (3 am-ish - close to the time referenced in teh movie). I was so freaked out still, I ran back to the bedroom and did a sliding belly flop back into the bed taking most of the covers and Ethan's legs with me. He wasn't pleased.


3.  Exorcist (1972)
A classic. IMO, this is the best possession movie made, even with the newer Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Conjuring, Mama (which I haven seen yet).


4. It (1990)
With a top scary movie list, you have to have something by Stephen King and who isn't afraid of that creepy clown?


5. Scream (1996)
I was in high school when this came out, just as the characters in the movie, so it was very realist to me. That ghost face mask (shudder).


It seems they just used to make horror movies better back in the good ol' days. What about you? Will you watch horror movies- if so, what are some of your favorites?


2 comments:

  1. Paranormal Activity? Yes.

    Why, oh why, would you post IT again? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh IT is my number one fave :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...