Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Books, Books, Books for Fall

I love to read (heck, what else would I do on the Metro for 20 minutes) and I have been meaning to add some new books to my library list, so I was beyond excited to come across Semi-Charmed Life's book challenge for the Fall. I had such a great time on this scavenger hunt for books I'm planning on reading this Fall. 
5: Read a book that does not have "the," "a" or "an" in the title. Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls

10: Read a book that has been featured in Oprah's Book Club. The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen

10: Read a book that takes place in the state where you currently live. If you do not live in the U.S., read a book that takes place in the country where you live. Every Secret Thing by Laura Lippman

15: Read an epistolary novel, which is a book written in letters, emails, diary entries or other documents. Last Days of Summer by Steve Kluger

15: Read a book first published in 2013.The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult 
 (I have been to get to this for forever now! Jodi is my fav author and I have forsaken her by waiting this long)

 Yup, there she is signing my book at the National Book Fest a few years back.

15: Read a book with something spooky in the title. Notes from Ghost Town by Kate Ellison

20: Read a book with "air," "water," "earth" or "fire" in the title. Red Water by Judith Freeman

20: Read a book on which a television series has been based. Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison by Piper Kerman
 
25: Read a fiction book that has someone’s first and last name in the title. Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood

30: Read two books by the same author. They can be in the same series, but do not have to be. Co-authors do not count (i.e. the author must be the sole author of each book). The Tao of Martha and Jeneration X by Jen Lancaster

35: Read a fiction and nonfiction book about the same topic. We Were Soldiers Once... and Young Ia Drang - The Battle That Changed the War in Vietnam by Harold G. Moore, Joseph L. Galloway and The Things They Carried  by Tim O'Brien
After reading Matterhorn, I feel like there is so much more I want to read on the Vietnam War.  

3 comments:

  1. Kim...read Me Before You by Jojo Moyes!! Heck, read everything by her. Her books are beyond fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great picks on this list! I think a lot of us are reading Orange is the New Black so I'm glad I'll have some gals to chat with it about. Also I'm pretty much in love with any words that come out of Jen Lancaster's mouth, have you read her other books too? I haven't read those newest ones but have them on my list.

    Lastly I might steal your idea for the last two books on your list, I had a hard time coming up with those and picked some about the Great Depression but I think I might enjoy your pics more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested to hear what you think about The Corrections! I was sorely disappointed by Freedom, so I haven't wanted to read another of his books, despite the great things I hear about The Corrections. And I should definitely change my 2013 book to The Storyteller - she is also my favorite author! I always wait until her paperback versions come out, though, because I have a collection of all her books. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...