Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Monday, April 8, 2013

Pubic Transportation Memories

1. From my Facebook post Friday. We’re crossing the bridge (which means we’re headed to Virginia) and a woman takes out her earbuds and says “oh my God, oh my God.” I figure she’s on the wrong train. She still is saying “oh my God” and looking shocked, so I asked her if she was OK. She loudly says “that man is exposing himself”. I looked down (I was standing), but didn’t see anything (i.e. no visible wieners). She couldn’t say anything and the guy had a book bag in his lap. We gave her a number to call that’s posed on the Metro and he got off at the next stop (As did she). Reception was bad, so we don’t know if he got caught. (DC)

2. Sitting on a quiet early morning train, when a woman's daughter loudly says "Mommy, I have to poop really bad!" I will start to drive as soon as I find out I am preggers. (DC)

3. A little kid in a stroller sneezes, then wipes his giant, wet booger on the holding pole. (DC)

4. Feeling tired and motion sick and resting my head on the cool pole I am hanging onto and remembering #2. (DC)

5. People not showering, wearing deodorant, or brushing their teeth before boarding a crowded train (DC and NYC)

6. A young man sits next to me and says nice purse. I am listening to my iPod, I take out my earbuds and say thanks. Put earuds back in. He then taps me on the shoulder *sigh*. He asks what stop I get off at. I tell him (should have told him to bugger off then).  He asks for a restaurant recommendation. This is what happens when you let then start.  Then begins the inquisition, what's my name, what do you do, are you married, etc.
Turns out he is studying to be a priest (OK, Catholic is in DC).  Then we get deep, am I Catholic, do I go to Church, do I believe in God, how's my marriage working out, why don't I have kids.  I sweating bullets by the time I got off. That's what I get for trying to be polite because I thought he was a future priest. It makes me think of a book I just read, Hold Tight, and a murderer is planning out his crime and is banking on people ignoring their instincts to choose social niceties/ politeness. Creepy right?! (DC)

7. I left work ill in the middle of the day, and boarded a relatively empty train. A young couple was in the corner seat. The young tramp was furiously expressing her love and devotion to her man, in his lap, under his jacket. (NYC)

Have you ever taken public transportation- what are some of your favorite “memories”?

1 comment:

  1. I have several!

    1. Someone threw up on my. On my leg to be exact. She looked normal, pretty sure she was hungover and on her way to work. I continued to go to work and cleaned up in the office. Yes, my leg was exposed.

    2. I fainted. Remember that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...