Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

How to Make Your Own Headboard

Items needed:
  • Plywood that is measured to your bed (I used pegboard)
  • 1.5" x 1.5" boards for legs
  • 1.5 " angle brackets
  • spray adhesive
  • foam egg crates
  • batting
  • fabric of your choosing
  • staple gun (fun stuff)
  • bolts or brackets to mount to the wall or to your bed frame
1. Take lots of measurements. I drew a picture of what I wanted then measured twice.


2. I bought supplies at Home Depot (about $40 total for pegboard, bracket, spray adhesive). I unfortunately then had to get it home.


3. Begin building. (Probably not a good idea to build on your hardwood floors inside your bedroom, but I didn't have to carry the completed thing up the stairs). I nailed the angle brackets into the legs and then nailed the pegboard into the 1.5" x 1.5" boards.

4. I then sprayed the pegboard with an adhesive spray, then added cut up foam from an egg crate (you know the things you added to your college dorm room twin beds). Then I wrapped it with batting & stapled it to the legs on the backside. Repeated with the fabric.

Note- the fabric and batting I chose came to about $50.

Still to do- wait for my nail-head trim kit to come in the mail ( I could only find it on Amazon) and add the details to the edge.
I also still haven't mounted it to the bed frame because I ran out of time.

Here is what just the fabric looks like pushed up against the wall:



5 comments:

  1. i love it! I really need some kind of headboard or...something! ive scoured pinterest but too nervous to commit just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can do it!!! It was super easy & there are fabrics out there that are waaaay cheaper than what I got.

      Delete
  2. Love it! It came out really nice! I love the upholstered headboard look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! You make it looks so easy, but I'd definitely screw this up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nominated you for a little award. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...