Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tuesday Ten: Familiga edition



I feel like this Tuesday, I have a whole lot to be thankful for. My dad had a heart attack this past Wed., so I have been back home in Tennessee since then. It was really scary, but he is OK now.

Obviously, #1 and #2 (in no order), I am thankful for my pops & mom. They are seriously the best parents a kid could have asked for & I’m so happy they are both healthy and still around. 
#3. Modern technology. When my dad had the attack, the doctors didn’t have to open him up. They can insert a stint microscopically in through the arteries to open them up.
#4. My dad’s resolve to quit smoking. He been cold turkey since the vent & I’m really proud of him for quitting. (All of you out there, quit now ! It’s hard, but seriously imagine trying to wait after 30 more years or after you have something really scary happen with your heath).
#5- #8. (remember no particular order) A super fantastic family that all helps support each other. This includes my 2 brothers, my hubs, and my brother’s fiancĂ©. It’s nice to have people to talk to when times are tough.
#9. A job that lets me leave and I have no fears that it won’t be here when I return.
#10. Skype, cell phones, and the like. Even though it’s hard being far away from my family, we are still able to talk and “see” each other regularly.

I know everyone is always thankful for their family, but it's especially a reminder when something like his happens. So hug your parents today (if you can) and make sure you tell them you love them!

5 comments:

  1. so sorry about the scare with your dad. I am so glad to hear he is ok. nothing is more important than family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your dad, how scary. Glad to hear he is getting better. Family is the most important thing in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! so glad your dad is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am so glad he's okay now. That must have been so super scary!

    ***hugs***

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...