Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Monday, July 22, 2013

Serious Weekend Shenanigans


My goal for the weekend was to get our bedroom looking a little more finished, but since I am such a spazz, it might be more like the weekend E was ready to head to the d-court.  (Not really, I think he likes my "adventures" ;))

Friday:
I made plans (unbeknownst to the hubs) to buy a carpet for our bedroom after work. E came to pick me up & I said I needed to go somewhere- I might not have mentioned it was 30 min. out of the way. We got a house & E asked where we were. I casually said I found this guy on Craigslist (E does not have an appreciate for the awesomeness that is Craigslist- he thinks it's sketchy & a pain in the arse). This guys was selling beautiful rugs out of his basement. Too bad I didn't have enough cash, so E drove me to the closest grocery for more cash. Strike 1 by the time we got home at 9:30pm.
 
Saturday:
I needed drapes and curtain rods for the bedroom. I got so excited, I locked my keys in the car and e had to stop doing his landscaping to rescue me. Also, since we only have one car, E took a Taxi.
Oops, strike 2.


Sunday:
I went on the crazy train making my own headboard. (DIY is such a satisfying hobby- separate post to come). I made multiple trips to Home Depot and Joanne's (E in tow for some) and many times I hollered at E to help me lift or hammer something. Strike 3 was when we watching trying to watch ESPN and I was squawking I needed his help.

Even though I drove E super crazy this weekend, here's the master bedroom with the new drapes, carpet, and headboard:
I ordered 2 more of the curtain panels and I think I'm going to switch up the pillows a bit. 
I'm  undecided if I wanted to hang something in between the windows...

Oh, and we also finally opened out champagne (well, Prosecco, but whatever) to celebrate our first home!!!



Sami's Shenanigans

5 comments:

  1. the bedroom looks amazing~ and I think husbands have to put up with a little bit of crazy especially regarding home stuff! Also, craigslist is like my favorite thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love prosecco! Your bedroom looks amazing- almost like a hotel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks great! i love that you guys cracked open the champagne to celebrate. I really love the dark panel drapes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much- I think I need more champagne just because ;)

      Delete
  4. I love prosecco! It's second to champagne. Really, whichever is in the fridge is cool with me. :)

    Love the way your bedroom turned out! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...