Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Favorites

1. With the cold weather, I am dying (plus, E likes to keep the thermostat at a balmy 65). I am loving my LL Bean WickedGood slippers. They are worth the investment (I asked for them as a b-day present)

2. Generic Argan oil. Do I need to tell you how dry and gross my skin is right now? I had a sample of Josie Moran's Argan oil and really liked it, but at $48 it was a little too rich for my blood. After reading another blog, I found Argan oil at the local fancy grocery for $12. Beware, don't put it in your hair though (mine is fine)- I looked like a major greaseball.

3. I don't even know if I can admit it, but I love Vanderpump Rules. Lisa Vanderpump is so stylish and I love her restaurants (if I had a restaurants I would totally want it decorated like hers). This past week was the (salacious) season finale. I can't wait for the (3 part probably) reunion episodes. Some of the people are the same age as me and older & that I just can't believe.

4. My new office (even if it's only for 2 months). It's so sweet and waaay more spacious than my previous cube space.
Ethan refers to that big chair as my "napping chair"!

5. This recipe:
Ingredients
1/3 cup oats
1 tablespoon raisins
2/3 cup apple juice
2 tablespoons greek yogurt
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar (if desired)
Preparations
1. In 2-cup microwavable cereal bowl, stir oats, raisins, and apple juice until well-blended.
2. Microwave on high 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until thickened. Top with yogurt; sprinkle with brown sugar.

Things that are not my favorite- the Cake Boss red velvet mix. I made it for a party yesterday trying to cut some corners and it was dry and meh. So not worth the $6 price tag (for a box cake mix). When it comes to baking, homemade always is the best if you have time, otherwise I'll stick to Betty Crocker yellow cake or strawberry cake.  

Have a great weekend & stay warm my friends!

4 comments:

  1. yes to the argan oil! but look at the ingredients - a lot of companies like to degrade the quality (read: not put as much) by adding in other shit.

    kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need those slippers in my life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those slippers look so warm! I've heard good things about Argan oil, but I've never tried it before. I might have to look into it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...