Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Let's Talk Hair

As I am getting older, my fine hair is looking less and less lackluster and more like a scraggly mutt. I don't color it, I don't blow dry it, but it's always damaged at the ends.


OK, maybe not this bad, but you get the idea. 

So, I am thinking of getting a "mom  do", 'cause I'm in my 30s.
Yesterday, I (shamefully) googled "Katie Vanderpump Rules" because I really like her shoulder length hair. The color is terrible, but I like the length. 
 via

I've had short hair before and didn't love it. Probably because I want to do nothing with my hair. I do not do styling in the morning. At all. (Yes, I realize in the pic above, her hair has been straightened to an inch of it's life). But I'm just not sure long is working that well for me anymore. It's too cold to wear a ponytail :)

Do you prefer short or long hair? When should one "give up" their long locks?

7 comments:

  1. I'm all for long hair forever! Kathie Lee is looking awesome with long locks at 60!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've had long hair since i got away from my mom's iron hand when she forced me to wear the lego hair! i chopped it off once (pixie) and that was fun for a summer but i prefer long hair. i always keep it back and away from my face (pony or braid) but i just prefer mine long. if you want to chop it, chop it! it's hair; it'll grow back :)

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love long hair, but i've come to realize it's so much effort to take care of these days. It usually ends up in a boring messy bun. I am also looking into getting my hair chopped, but i'm just so nervous! Haha. Oh the things we stress about as women. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post couldn't have made me laugh more or have come at a better time - I literally just chopped over 6 inches of my hair off over the weekend. My hair was almost to my belly button, and I LOVED how long it was.. but the ends were so damaged it was ridiculous. I also never styled it because it was such a hassle. My hair is just a tiny bit more than shoulder length, but it feels so nice and healthy now. I've never liked having short hair, but it's growing on me.. PLUS I actually don't mind straightening it or styling it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have fine hair as well, and have accepted that if it gets past my shoulders it looks crappy. I just don't have the texture to support it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your hair looks great stop it!!! I love bobs, but i have such long hair i get freaked to cut it!! I think they look good on everyone though

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dog is so ugly that it's adorable!!!
    You're lucky enough to be able to pull of BOTH looks! *cough*bitch*cough*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...