Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Sunday, January 6, 2013

How I Saved $330

Earlier this week, I took the car to the dealership and it didn't go so well.
Let me break it down for you:
The Ford dealership quoted us $350 to replace the rear tail light. $250 for the part and $100 for the labor. (We have to replace it to pass the safety test in VA).
The guy was decent and told me I could order the part online for $20, which was a heck yea. I was nervous to do it, but it was easy. I just typed in the year and model on Cheap Car Lights.
At the advice of my mom, I called around to get price quotes for the labor, and Midas would do it for $60.
Then at work, I was discussing all this with a co-worker (how it should be simple and cheaper to do this). He told me to Google it and here's what we found.

Today I changed our tail light myself and it was free (minus the $20 part).


From here on out, when it comes to car repairs, I will always get price quotes and if it's a  part that can be easily ordered online or I can DIY, I will!
Try this yourself and see how much you can save :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...