Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Friday, January 4, 2013

Resolutions

I'm a little behind since today is January 4th, but here we go:
  1.  Save money/ become more fiscally responsible. This is the big one because goals 2 and 3 are dependent on this. As I mentioned previously, I have several mini-goals to achieve this:
    • Get rid of extra monthly expenses we don’t need, like HBO. 
    • Set and stick to a budget, which includes tracking the spreadsheet monthly.   
    • Try to tighten variables like groceries and clothing. (Oh, Starbucks you will be missed)
  2. Be a (town) home owner. Goal 3 is also dependent on this. 
  3. Have a baby (or get preggers). Child care is expensive and we unfortunately don’t live near any family, so we are going to try to spend $1000 less per month to see how it would be if we had a kid. See how goal #1 is important now :)
This is all a bit serious for me, so here's my favorite meme (Ikea Monkey) from 2012 that always brings a smile to my face: 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. oh please share your tools you will be using!! and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used several websites, but liked this to get a good goal:
      http://financialplan.about.com/od/budgetin1/f/ExpensePercent.htm

      I am using the "Family Monthly Budget" Excel template. You can put the budget and then what you're tracking at....

      I'll have to do another blog with everything we've still been doing. It's hard esp. with unexpected expenses come up :/

      Delete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...