Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Friday, January 18, 2013

What's for Lunch?

Lunch is my favorite time of the work day (as it is for most). As much as I would love to have lunch in the cafeteria or local deli nearby daily, it's not good for my waistline nor my wallet, so I am a packer. I have been trying to motivate some of my other co-workers to do the same.
Here's what I do for a quick and healthy lunch:
Every Sunday, I hard boil a dozen eggs (those suckers last a long time).
Then, every evening, I pull out pre-shredded carrots, broccoli slaw, pre-washed bag o' spinach, and a red bell pepper.

I chop the bell pepper (the only chopping I do) and then throw a few handfuls of everything into a Tupperware. That with a hard-boiled egg and a yummy salad dressing I keep in the office fridge is lunch. Seriously takes 5 minutes or less.
Other easy items to throw in a salad is canned chickpeas, shredded cabbage, grape tomatoes, sunflower seeds,  Craisins, or sugar snap peas. For a guy, I would think more protein is better, so I would bake chicken breasts on Sunday for the work week.
I should also mention the salad isn't all I have- I do eat a lot of snacks through out the day too that are easy to take like Kashi bars, bananas, oranges, and yogurts.
 Happy brown-bagging.

P.S. I know my office mates don't love the smell of my farty eggs every day, but there are worse smells. That's probably why they escape to the cafeteria ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...