Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Growing Up


This past weekend (and then some), I was in my hometown, Knoxville, TN.

I was helping my mom with her garage sale. Of course, I packed a bunch of my crap treasures into a large suitcase and made me some moolah too.
Part of coming home included me sorting through all of my stuff stored at my personal storage unit (aka my parents’ house). My mom was quite devious in how she got me motivated:  “why don’t you go though all these boxes upstairs in your room, there might be stuff in there you want to sell. You could make a lot of money at the garage sale.”
Anyway, my parents saved EVERYTHING I ever made. I mean there were boxes of drawings, stories, and pictures. Halfway through, I realized that I was a WEIRD kid.

I had a photo album filled with  picture with my guinea pig (most of them were in costume). The above photo was my "thug life" pose. Because you know, nothing says Compton like a guinea pig. My stories and drawings were up there with the stories of a ridiculous strung out junkie. I guess I was "creative".

I also realized how good I had it as a kid, and why the heck didn’t I realize and appreciate it when I was younger?!

Anyhoo, I also spent some QT with my lil’ bro which pretty much just included ice cream and sushi jaunts. I also realize I shouldn’t eat as much as a 30 year old man or the scale will not be kind when I get back home.
Speaking of the scale, the Easter bunny visited me at my parent’s house and then again when I got back home to the hubs. Wow- the people that love me sure know what I like. Chocolate.

 This is from the hubs. I LOVE that he used a bowl instead of getting a basket :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...