Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring Week: Recipes


What a fun Spring week this has been- thanks to all these bloggers for giving me something to write about this week!
Simply Smithwick
So, onto the final theme of Spring recipes. I love using fresh fruits and veggies in my spring cooking.
I Google searched "in season fruits and veggies spring" (and removed nasty tasting veg & weird things like fiddleheads?)

Apricots Artichokes Arugula Asparagus Beets Carrots
Chard Cherries Fava beans Grapefruit Scallions Kiwis
Kumquats Leeks Lemons Lettuce Mint Navel oranges
New Potatoes Parsley Peas Radishes Spinach Strawberries

Here two of my favorite recipes that E found that I love to eat. Bonus, they incorporate some in-season vegetables and are fresh & light to enjoy in the warmer weather. 
  1. Shrimp tacos
  2.  Salmon, asparagus, and orzo salad


I also love, love, love overnight oats!
Currently, I’m doing, ½ cup oats, ½ cup unsweetened applesauce, ½ cup almond milk, 1 T. chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and agave nectar.

I definitely want to try some new variations for the Spring, like this PB&J. The chilled oat concoctions are great for warm mornings.

I also enjoy any kind of fruit & kale or spinach smoothie hen it's warm.
So, enough of the healthy stuff, 'cause you KNOW I dig on some sweets.


For Easter, I am dying to try these Cadbury egg cookie cake bars. You also can't go wrong with a homemade pie.

Cheers to Spring and some warmer weather!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh yum!!! Those eggy bars! yes please. And that orzo salad looks so yummy! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make those cookie bars. Fish Tacos are a staple in our house!

    ReplyDelete

  3. That orzo salad looks sooo yummy - I have got to try that one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...