Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lessons Learned on Vaca

No work today due to inclement weather- wahooo! It feels a little wrong to be blogging still about a Bahamas vacation with snow outside my window, but what the hey.
 No snow here!

Always ask people's names. Half our friends we made on vacation we wouldn't have met if my gals didn't strike up conversation. They were always so polite and addressed our wait servers by name, because duh, everyone likes to hear their name and you get better service!

Along with this, don't be afraid to step outside your comfort zone. If it was up to me, I probably would have stuck to the resort most of the time, but I had way more adventures by going to the restaurants the locals go to. (Be Anthony Bourdain)

 The view from not my average restaurant, but turned out to be my favorite!
 
Wear sunscreen always. I got out of the ocean from snorkeling and wrapped up in my towel and then sat on the front of the boat to keep warm. No re-application of sunscreen. Burnt arms- check.

I'm sure I have more lessons, but there is a Lifetime movie marathon on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...