Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Gobble Gobble Prep

I am super pumped about stuffing my face (of course seeing my lil' bro too).
We like to have fun together. By apparently my bro knows how to "Rock on" while only know how to give you the"I love you" sign.

I always love to hear what people do for Thanksgiving, there are so many neat traditional dishes people have.
Once, in college, I went with a sorority sister for Thanksgiving and they had a broccoli, mayo, bacon salad. Another friend I know always had pimento cheese with crackers as part of their spread.
Anyway, here's our menu. (Note, this is the same amount of food my parents make for 10 people, so I'm looking to pick up DC "orphans" to help us eat all this.)

  • Turkey (brined of course)
  • Mashed Potatoes & gravy
  • Stuffing (not homemade, just good ol' delicious Pepperidge Farm)
  • Biscuits (this year, we're trying Grands wheat biscuits, but I feel a little nervous about that)
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • Sweet Potato Casserole
  • Jellied Cranberry (a white trash classic)
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Apple Crisp
My parents always make a Waldorf salad (like a fruit salad with a mayo dressing and celery), which I think is unusual for most folks. It's too hard to make, so I'm omitting it from our menu this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...