Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Monday, November 5, 2012

Weekend Wrap up

Wow, I have been a very lazy blogger!
This weekend was low key- my favorite kind.

I had my first peppermint mocha of the season and promptly bounced off the walls for the rest of the day since I have been avoiding caffeine. (It is making my tummy hurt in my advanced age).


With all my energy I practiced my mother in law's recipe for Apple Crumble. I am going to Knoxville, TN this coming weekend & am making this for my dad's birthday and I want it to be PERFECT!

this was before I added the brown sugar, oatmeal, deliciousness on top

I also did a little Christmas shopping as well as got my brother's b-day present. He is going to be here with my other bro to celebrate his b-day in Dec. Yay!

Sunday was my dad's real birthday (but we're going to celebrate again next weekend). We Skyped with them in the morning. Skype is a nice tool to keep in touch with family that isn't close by. We might try using Google so we can do a group chat where all our videos show up.
Sunday was a perfect crisp fall day, so E and I went for a walk through Old Town Alexandria. It reminds me of when we lived in NYC and we would walk everywhere on the weekend (like 20 blocks to a Pet Smart).
Anyhoo, King Street (the main drag of Old Town) ends at the water/ harbor, so E and I always bring bread to feed the ducks! I love to feed the birds, except at the beach and nasty pigeons in the park.
We of course attracted a bunch of pigeons.
Ethan wouldn't let me get his picture because he didn't want to look like a crazy freak feeding birds- whatever, those are his jeans.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...