Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

48 hours



How crazy were my past 48 hours- very.

Let me preface this by saying although the past few days were chaotic for me, they pale in comparison to what happened a few blocks from my office at Navy Yard. I am so saddened by yet another mass shooting & loss of innocent lives. Let’s hope our country gets it together and enacts some kind of legislation to help stop these crimes.

Anyway, I have been obsessed with getting a dog. I absolutely love them and wanted to get one since I’ve been out of college. When I lived in a 1 bedroom in NYC with E, he said no, we had too small a place and worked too much, so I got the 2 cats instead. E promised when we got a house with a yard, we could get a dog. So, now that we have the house, I have been stalking Petfinder & found a great dog. His foster lived 2 hours away though!
She agreed to meet us halfway for the meet & greet (which was really a formality since I knew I was ready to adopt).

Sunday we had our housewarming party. After our guests, left, we drove about 45 min. to meet her at a dog park. We of course adopted him. 


He is such a good, well-behaved dog, BUT, when we went to put him in his crate for bed, he freaked out. (It was just going to be for a few weeks until we knew he could be OK out of it). I let him out, put him in, sat on the couch, etc. until I finally ended up putting the crate in the guest room and slept there & he was OK in the crate.

So E didn’t want a dog to begin with & that night he was like this dog has got to go. 

Monday E was alone with the pooch most of the day & it didn’t go well. E is pretty stressed out right now, so the dog was the straw that broke the camel’s back as they say.  Monday night, I called his foster back and she said she would take the pooch back (I know, I am terrible). This time she couldn’t meet us halfway. 

E was laying down because he was tired from a night of not sleeping.  I went up there & said I would take the dog back & E could rest, but E said he would go with me. Good thing, because guess what on the way home from our 4 hour round trip ride, the Taur-Dogg went out in a smoke stack of glory. Oh, there’s nothing around, except for cornfields.
We had to have it towed 20 miles away (we rode in the tow truck with them & they had the AC going & the lady smelled like BO) and got a cab home from the dealership.

We have a rental car now & are planning in getting a new car this weekend, so fun times.






2 comments:

  1. yikes! but dogs are like kids; they can get annoying but you love them all the same.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...