Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pintesrest Fails

I decided to build an entry way shelf/ coat rack after I saw some adorbs ones at HomeGoods. E didn't like my rustic selections- he wanted simpler, to which my response was, I can make one! My headboard project was easy and pretty fun.
 

I used this guide. So cute right? 

And the instructions looked so easy. Well someone with this bangin' blog with 42,000 Facebook fans and a book advertisers might know a little more than me, but whatever.
I got my materials & got to work.
Needless to say, if you don't have a radial saw and you want precision work, do not use a hand saw for cutting crown molding. It was a disaster. First of all, I kept cutting at the wrong angle.

Anyway, I gave up on everything and threw it in all the trash. Then I felt bad, and rescued my shelf with no crown molding detailing and thought I'd give the shelf a chance with some paint.
I once again turned to the InterWebz for help on distressing and figured I'd stick with the same blog. Here's the article. I probably needed to go a little lighter on the Vaseline.

I wouldn't call it a total Pinterest fail.
Yes, I need to work on my photography skills. Badly.

So don't worry, I won't be turning this blog into a DIY blog. (I know I'm lacking some skillz & I'm terrible about taking pics)






2 comments:

  1. ha! i did the same thing - saw something awesome on pinterest which was a simple fabric covered particle board with nails in it so i could hang my daughter's art work.

    well, i got to the fabric store and when it came to getting the fabric, i had no idea how much i needed and didn't know what the fabric lady was saying when she was talking about square meters or whatever.

    i ended up leaving and getting my husband to get AND MAKE THE WHOLE THING for me! so i guess it was a DIY, i just didn't make it LOL

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...