Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Gettin' Back to Nature

I once worked with woman (my age) that had the best figure and eating habits. I would love to have her body (not happin'), but at the very least her eating habits.

Here's what I noticed (am I a work stalker?!):
  • She always ate lots of veggies & drank a lot of water.
  • She had "treats" but limited herself to one or 2 small items (very hard for me to do this)
  • She never drank diet sodas or ate "diet foods". I once saw her have a regular Coke (I about wet myself since I haven't had a real soda since the 90s). 
Since I had a big birthday last year, I have decided I need to get healthy now if I want to look like Christie Brinkley when I'm 50 (hell, I'd love to look like her now!).

Um, she's 58 people!!!

I read Skinny Bitch, and although I haven't gone vegan, I have given up sodas and coffee (sorta, I have been very naughty with weekend pumpkin spice lattes). I have also been trying to limit my Splenda intake, but that is proving to be the hardest!

I've been drinking green tea in the mornings, but I like it with a little lemon and a packet of Splenda.
Splenda just dissolves so nicely and is much sweeter (it's equivalent to 2 packets of sugar right?) I tried honey, but my tea wasn't sweet and then I got a gross sweet blob at the end. Today I tried sugar in the raw and I couldn't taste anything!
Next up: agave nectar.

I don't think I'm ready to use a crystal as my deodorant, but I'm trying to be more "natural".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...