Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Obese Pets

The hubs sent me this article the other day (subject line: fat wiener). I liked it- it's about Obie, a 77 lb dachshund.

Of course everyone remembers Prince Chunk.

I have a confession. I think obese animals look cute, even though I know it's so unhealthy for them! The worst, is my own cats are (hangs head in shame) obese!

One isn't bad at 18lbs, but the other (Fat Gus) might have Prader Willi Syndrome and is over 20 lbs. We for real tried to put them on a diet, but then Fat Gus (or Fat Fuc* at times) cries so loud outside our door at 5am for breakfast becasue he didn't get a midnight snack! He would then wolf down his food until he "popped" literally. Of course, he was hungry again right after.
Their diet last about 2 weeks before we gave up.
I got a leash so I could walk them. That was comical. They cried and didn't move and I looked like a crazy person torturing a cat.

BTW, interesting fact, a cats cries mimic a human baby so their slaves humans will respond better.

The last time we were at the vet, they warned us that Fat Gus might become diabetic and we'll have to give him daily shots if he does. WTF!
Suggestions welcome - test them for thyroid issues, try the diet again, buy a big dog to chase them around the apt all day, what?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...