Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Dumpster Diver

Did anyone catch Extreme Cheapskates on TLC?!
This lady dumpster dives for all her food.
I like to save money and get free samples or CVS freebies, and I will admit, I picked up a few items on the sidewalk in NYC ;)

Mine & E's NYC apt. (at Christmastime, duh). I think the leaning lamp was a sidewalk special.

This was our bedroom, nothing free that I could spot, but did I really like fake plants/ flowers this much?! Poor E, I'm surprised we got married really.

Anyway, I draw the line at dumpster food though.
The woman on the show said she was spending $25/ week on food (in NYC?).
WTF?
When I lived on my own, I sure wasn't close to $25/ week for groceries. E and I currently spend almost (deep breath) $200/ week for groceries between all our stores (Whole Foods, Giant, Wal-Mart).
I love the grocery store & we love healthy, organic (read: expensive) food.
Is that normal for 2 people and 2 cats? (Yes, our food budget is out of control because of the cats $0.50 food).

2 comments:

  1. girl, that is a lot on food per week!! does that include going out to eat? bc that is high for us, but just groceries is way below that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- uh oh! Well, we only occasionally go out to eat (so no that # doesn't include going-out trips)!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...