Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday City Fun Times

Last night, the stupid Taur-dog (aka the Taurus) died in a parking lot, so our (my) beautiful Saturday morning was shot. No morning Zumba followed by a hair cut, and no hair cut appointments until next weekend, naturally. I'll live with this for another week.

After we spent the amount of a Micheal Kors purse to get the stupid car repaired, we decided to have some fun.
A new car battery, taxis, and towing or *sigh*

Earlier this week, I bought a Groupon to the Dandelion Patch. I am on a mission to update my purse's innards and I have an old lady fetish for Vera Bradley patterns.


One of their locations is in one of my fav places in DC- Georgetown. There is also a Pinkberrry, so we thought we would rate it as part of our Yogurt Taste Off.

As suspected the Georgetown Dandelion Patch was small, boutiquey, and I couldn't find the Vera Bradley I wanted. While talking to the store's employees, I pronounced Papyrus "pa-pie-rus". E later said they looked at me like they thought I was brain damaged. 

So, we did what the Brown's do best, we ate our way through Georgetown.

Lunch

Um, not in the parking lot, it was Marvelous Market.

Next up: delicious truffles at over-priced Belgian chocolatier.

Fro Yo snack Pinkberry proved too far to walk to so we stopped here:
which was a great idea. We abandoned the parameters of our yogurt taste-off (another good idea, choco chips come to momma). 
AMAZING!
I can only imagine what their homemade ice cream was like. (Mouth is watering now- can you tell sweets are "my thing"?)

Also, you know it's good when the Prez has been here! I always get SO excited whenever we go to an establishment that the Obama's have been to. Regardless of your political affiliations, how many people can say "the president and I have both eaten here"?

Fun fact: we have been to another ice cream parlor (Dairy Godmother) that the Obamas have been to. Those are the only places I know of that we have both been to. I think I like my President to have a sweet tooth.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...