Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekend Routines

Every weekend, E and I go grocery shopping together. We go to 2 -3 stores on the weekends- the bulk of our groceries are from Wal-Mart, but meats and seafood are mostly from Whole Foods. Oh, the crazy dichotomy.
We strive to get to the Wally early to avoid the crowds. Wal-Mart crowds are... well, there's a reason, there's a website dedicated to the people of walmart.
Today, we got to Wal-Mart late. Last weekend, there was food stamp drama when a woman couldn't get her individually wrapped cheese slices.
This weekend, a lady in one of the long lines, starts shouting at a woman checking out "you promised to buy this for me (food), are you getting this for me?" The lady leaving was like, um you are mistaken.

After grocery shopping, I prepare my breakfast and lunch for the week.
Breakfast Mon-Fri. is egg muffins. The recipe is modified from the South Beach diet (back when I was doing that).

  • Start with 6 eggs & 6 egg whites, mixed with a little water
  • Mix in veggies (sun dried tomatoes and red bell peppers is what I use), a handful of 2% cheese, and spices like basil or a blend you like
  • Line the bottom of muffin with turkey bacon
  • Pour egg mixture over bacon
  • Cook for 30 min. at 425!
Then, when I'm dashing out the door, I can heat 2 of these bad boys up for 30 seconds and go.
P.S. I love my Betty Crocker silicone liners - the muffins pop right out.

I also hard boil a dozen eggs to add to a homemade green salad I take with me every day for lunch.
These baking routines help me save money & eat healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...