Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Gripe & A Foodie Weekend Wrap Up


Late post today, but I have been preoccupied with bad news about our loan. The loan officer didn't lock in our rate a month ago (dummy) and now rates have gone up (of course). He said I told him not to lock in the rate, but I obviously didn't understand because I would have never not locked in with   the option to still go down if something better came along.
We are going to transfer loans, have a higher interest rate AND monthly payments, and hopefully can close on time still.

I already cried in the abthroom- all this is too stressful, esp. coming back from vacation.

Soooo, onto a fat kid Memorial Weekend.
I had some adorable summer outfits picked our for our weekend in NYC, but guess what- it turned out to be in the 50s and rainy. Plus, I got to buy new shoes and a sweater that will be great in the Fall ;)

Friday: 
Lunch at John's followed by a "snack" at Momofuku's Milk Bar, and then Yuka for their all-you-can-eat sushi, one of our favorite places when we lived in the UES. I also hit up my favorite second hand and consignment stores.



Saturday: 
Breakfast/ lunch at Katz's. We went shopping for pans in the Bowery, a la Anthony Bourdain, then carried them all over NYC to the Strand, several Starbucks, a dog park, Big Gay Ice Cream, and then to a dinner of macaroni and cheese at S'MAC (we don't mess around). We walked to the 911 Memorial (which was closed at night, but got to the Freedom Tower.


Sunday: 
We're getting tired of eating, but the show mucst go on. We had brunch at Brassiere Athenee, where I had Nutella crepes for the first time. I will be having them again! Then it was back home via the Megabus.

How were your long weekends?


2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your loan. What an a** that loan officer was! :(

    At least you had a great time in NYC this weekend! Nutella crepes sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally just LOL'd re: your the show must go on comment. Your blog makes me laugh so much. Love it.

    Do tell which of those food places you recommend. Ive only been to John's and Yuka. Been meaing to try smack and momowhatever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...