Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Worst First Date Ever

College, 2000-ish, a guy from my public speaking class asked me out. I think we hung out a party before- isn’t it funny that most of college dating is "will you go to a party with me?"

Who wouldn't want to date all this blonde, over- plucked mess?

Anyhoo, he picks me up at my dorm (where I was a RA) in his busted up Jeep. Not that I care what a guy drives, so long as it is safe. The floorboards in the passenger side were ripped up and I could see the road below me as we were driving- eeeks!
First thing he said we needed to do was go to the mall (Baskin Robbins) where his brother worked to pick up something. Not sure what it was, but he told me I could wait in the car while he went in. What a gentleman! I sat and looked at the pavement, when I should have escaped.

He asked if I liked scary movies, which I said no. He said OK, we were going to see Red Dragon, which might be scary, but probably not. (It was the dumb prequel/ sequel? to Silence of the Lambs and wasn't "scary"). We somehow were talking about being intoxicated while watching movies, and he asked if I wanted to sneak a 6 pack into the theater in my purse. I said not really.  (I do enjoy a bev, but I’m old fashioned and would prefer a “proper” first date). We did not have a 6 pack while watching the movie-, which he was a little butt hurt over this.
After the movie (at the $1 theater, where I did not get popcorn or candy), he asked if I liked to play pool. I said not really-  I hadn’t really played much, so I was probably not good. He said good, we could go to this (redneck) sports bar to play pool and have a drink. He got us a table right next to another couple. The woman playing was a dishwater blond with her hooters all sorts of on display (nope, not jealous, I was more blessed up there than her).

Anyhoo, date strikes up a conversation with them to discuss one of the sports games on. My date seriously did not stop talking to the woman. When her dude left to get more drinks, he was on her like a fly on poo. He didn’t even look up from her (chest) when it was his turn to play. (I think he got her number too). It obviously wasn’t going too well. 
 via
He did walk me to the door afterwards, which was the only plus. We didn’t have a second date and public speaking class was a little awkward for the rest of the semester.

My close runner up for worst first date ever is the guy who asked me out when I was working at a fancy spa (he came in for a waxing- should have known better). We went out for drinks after dinner when he starting taking shots and getting obliterated (and he had picked me up). I asked if he was going to be driving me home- yes, yes he was planning on doing that after several cocktails and shots. I called my little brother to pick me up & he took me home. Drinking- OK, drinking & driving- deal breaker!
P.S. my first date with my husband was at a restaurant by the river and we went for a nice walk along the water afterwards. He opened my door and spoke intelligently, as well as asked me questions about me, my family, etc. Those are keepers ladies.

What's your worst first date (or best)?

5 comments:

  1. My favorite part of the above photo is the fact that Moyer's "S" is backwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! One guy I went out with (from match.com) told the guys sitting at the restaurant bar (before I got there) that he was gonna have some sex with me that night. Hahaha. When he went to the bathroom, they came and told me. I ordered a round of Patron shots for everyone at the bar (on his tab) and then drove myself home. Men are something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg...I cannot beleive that first date!! that is movie material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a terrible first date and very rude of him! but at least it's blogging material for later on in life LOL. ok here are my worst:

    1) guy asks me out; we meet at the theater. when i get there, he asks if i can buy the tickets because he didn't bring any money. i just turned around, got into my car and went home.

    2) guy asks me out; we went to a coffee shop. bill comes, total is about $3.50. guy wants to go dutch. i get up, throw my change on the table and leave his cheap ass.

    3) guy asks me out; had a nice time at dinner but right before we get the bill, he asks if we can get busy at my place or his place. i tell him he can get busy with himself and i left (asshole!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...