Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Friday, May 3, 2013

The Music of my Life



Sadly, Chris from Kris Kross passed away yesterday. He was 34. When we heard, my co-workers and I listened to Jump and I immediately though of my 5th grade Safety Patrol trip to Washington, DC. Some kid had brought a Walkman and a cassette and we played the heck out of it on that trip. I knew I should have brought my Walkman and MC Hammer cassette! Isn’t it funny how music can do that to you?
High School:
One Christmas when I was in high school, I got a boombox, a Hootie and the Blowfish CD, and Goo Goo Dolls CD. I used to listen to those CDs over and over while lying in my closet. I have no idea why I did this; maybe it was my way to be teen angsty like in My So Called Life.

 Ugh, look at those eyebrows and that haircut. No wonder I needed to be angsty.
College:
I met my husband in high school when I worked at the Gap, but didn’t actually date him until we were at college together. My freshman year, I remember going to his fraternity house and we would sit around and listen to the Monster Ballads CD while making a float for homecoming. For some reason, I don’t think I had heard the Love is on the Way by Saigon Kick until then, but I loved it. I always think of that crisp fall being so in love.

 From that fall, and no we didn't go to Penn State. 

There are so many more songs that dot my life during good and bad times.What are yours?
So today’s jam is in tribute to Chris & that 5th grade trip (and it still gets me pumped up- ha).


2 comments:

  1. You do look kinda like Claire Danes (My So Called Life edition) in that first pic. Great story! :)

    Kriss Kross will make us jump, jump while we are camping this weekend. Just loaded it the camping playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when Jump was a hit, i was in grade 9 or 10..i even had their cassette (remember those?!) and played that song on repeat.

    whenever i hear old house songs or rnb from back in the day (when rnb was actually GOOD), it brings me back to my party years when i lived at the night clubs. now i'm all lame and shit and it irritates me when i hear loud music blasting! how times have changed LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...