Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Here's to Dads

I read this touching article on Yahoo this morning & I got a little choked up. Why? Because the father/ daughter relationship is so important to a young woman and this was just too sweet. Plus it got me thinking about my own pops and how I wish I lived closer to him & my mom.  
Also, isn't that dress adorable?!

Here's why dads are the best:
Dads are full of great advice & will always take your phone calls. Last night my dad helped me with a list of what I need to paint & spackle. This past weekend he walked me though how to re-wire a lamp. (How annoying is it to get 15 calls in a row plus pics over the course of 3 hours on a sunny Saturday?!) I do remember several times my dad had to calm me down & give me life advice when I was growing up.
My pops always has the best stories from growing up. Like when he nailed my grandmother’s rocking chair down to their floor. Those stories are always a hoot and a holler.  

When I was in 7th grade, my dad took time off work to read a poem for our English class (it was part of my poetry project) and he read. The Duck by Ogden Nash. When I think about it now, is hilarious.
My dad is also an engineer and ex-military which means he is pretty meticulous. I remember trying to help bake cookies one Christmas (it WAS my idea after all) and my dad turned into the cookie Nazi. Hands were smacked with spatulas if warm cookies were tried to be eaten to fast.
 Cookie Nazi wielding the instrument of terror
Battle plans must be drawn and orders given to the subordinates (me and my lil' brother)
I hope you are lucky enough to have a great dad & some great memories too. Please do share your favorite “dad” stories!

3 comments:

  1. Aw dads are the best! My dad and I are super close. We email daily and he always takes my calls too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad used to not sleep a lot. I would go downstairs while everyone else was sleeping and he would be awake. We would share a snickers and a coke at about midnight pretty often. Sometimes, when I was too tired, I would leave him a set or when he was too tired, he would leave me some.

    Now, as I have gotten older, my parents seem to have more and more energy. They go out country western dancing EVERY Saturday night- sometimes I join them and dance with my dad. It's nice to bond with them in a way neither of my brothers has. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your dad sounds awesome! I miss mine too, it is hard living away from parents!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...