Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A New State



Whenever E and I are on a road trip (like the many 8 hr drives we make to Tennessee) we play games or just start naming states & their capitols & birds & such. We also play what animal would win in a fight to the death (the one we can never agree on is mongoose vs. badger). So here’s my state vs. state fight to the death (I’m doing Maryland- where I’m moving to, Virginia- where I live currently, and Tennessee- where I’m from).

Round 1: Flowers
MD has the black-eyed Susan, VA has the dogwood, & TN has the iris. It's a toughie, but I'm going with the iris. 
 
 WINNER: Tennessee

Round 2: Flags
Wow, Maryland’s flag is major fugs and Virginia’s is a little violent, but Tennessee's is a little boring. I’m going with VA! 

 WINNER: Virginia

Round 3: Birds
MD with the oriole, VA with the cardinal, and TN with the mockingbird. Also a toughie, but since there are 6 other states with the cardinal (played out), I’m going to give it to the Oriole!
 
 WINNER: Maryland

 A three-way tie, now we need a tie-breaker! 


Tie-Breaker: Trees
MD has the white oak, VA has flowering dogwood, and TN has yellow poplar.
Um, no comment, we're still moving, but Maryland better get some things together!



Anyway, I had fun looking this up . If you're interested in your state (or any state)'s stuff go here.
2 days until NYC!


5 comments:

  1. Haha VA's flag is violent! That's pretty funny! I like dogwood, I vote anything dogwood. Looks like VA would be my winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. MD needs to step their game up a notch. Dude. White oak... 'nuff said.

    Texas has the bluebonnet, the pecan tree, and the mockingbird (straight up funniest bird, ever). It mocks. I mock. Match made in heaven.

    Come to Texas. It's all good here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will also be posting something about the wonders of Texas some time soon.

      Delete
  3. ooo nyc!! so lucky!! i LOVE that city; so much to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like the MD flag, tree, or flower...we really need some re branding in this state :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...