Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Purple for Peace

It started innocently. We just wanted an excuse to have a BBQ catered lunch, so we Googled random holidays on May 16th. Today is also National Sea Monkey day and Liberace’s birthday along with Wear Purple for Peace Day. We asked our boss and she thought it would cute if we all wore purple and peace is a nice thing right?

We made a flyer & ordered delicious BBQ to be delivered to our office. (There’s nothing around our office that’s good to eat. Seriously, Potbelly and Quiznos is it.)
Then, someone Googled “Wear Purple for Peace Day”

Let me share with you:
"Wear Purple for Peace Day is celebrated on May 16, 2013. It's a day to promote peace between us and any space aliens! "
via

WTF, it gets better:
"According to Holiday Insights.com, aliens have yet to visit our planet or contact us because they think we’re too hostile. However, wearing purple apparently encourages aliens to contact us. Whether it’s because purple is a peaceful color or a favorite color among extraterrestrials, I am not sure."
via

So I just organized a hippie, space alien celebration at the office.  At least my purple dress is cute.
Peace Out

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha! I didn't wear purple today. I should have. I will wear purple while we're camping this weekend. I want peace with E.T. He shouldn't want to phone home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha any excuse to eat at work is good! I wore a purble shirt today and I didn't even know. I want some BBQ stat...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...