Header and Nav Bar




Back to the Home Page
All About Moi
Our Story
Our Furry Family
Disclaimer: Not Really
Image Map

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nesting Nelly



I hate the term “nesting” and am disappointed I used it in le blog title.
Anyhoo, I did some major house shopping this weekend. Good thing everything actually went through; however, I don’t think I’ll believe it until after the closing and I have the keys.  

Kitchen, guest bathroom, and I had this truck, but re-finished the top with a leather fabric.

The only other treasure I got at the local Goodwill this past weekend was the striped Pottery Barn curtains (valences) that were $1 each. I got all 6 of them. Everything else I got was from Marshall’s or Hancock Fabrics.


I found these fabulous signs on Etsy (I need an intervention) and got them for all the places we’ve lived:
Knoxville, TN 2000-2003
New York, NY 2003-2006
Nashville, TN 2006-2007
Lansing, MI 2007-2008
Alexandria, VA 2008-2013
Bowie, MD 2013 -

I set aside a budget of $1000 to do everything, but am rethinking that. This month, I spent $500 on area rugs (via Craigslist), and then $380 on the guest bedroom coverlet and all this other décor.
I have a feeling paint & painting supplies might be more, and we haven't even gotten into the additional furniture we will need / want.
 
 Anyone out there have first time home buyer moving/ decorating tips?



2 comments:

  1. Let's see. Pack up by room and label the boxes as specific as you can get. Buy painting supplies that's reusable, but not certain things should be reusable. Buy the stiff paint tray, but then buy the 99 cent liners so clean up is easy. Those little paint rollers that come with the paint tray are awesome for touchups because you can leave a little paint in there and it will stay wet in case you see spots that weren't there in different lighting.

    As for decorating, buy what you love in colors you love. It will all work together. I try to buy things I can move room to room if I get the urge or see someone else's site and wanna rearrange like them.

    Spray paint is your best friend. It can make a mirror or anything look new. If you like a certain knick knack (let's say chickens for the kitchen), a whole row of chickens spray painted the same color looks chic rather than cluttered.

    Ladida. I love decorating. If you need any help or suggestions or advice, you know were to find me. :) I still need to post pics of my lil house. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very jealous!! I cannot wait to decorate and own a house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments kind readers- prost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...